Sunday, April 12, 2009

I had Lilies and Gladioli's this year for the first time.......?

They are done flowering out, now I have just these stalks and leaves all over my flower bed. I was wondering if it would be safe to cut them down some? If it is how far can I cut without harming them?

I had Lilies and Gladioli%26#039;s this year for the first time.......?
Yea, they%26#039;re done. I%26#039;d just leave them to die back on their own. The lilies will be back in spring for sure. I%26#039;m not certain what zone tolerance the the Glads have so I don%26#039;t know if they will return in your area.





EDIT:


You can cut the Glads stalks down and when they are ready they should make a hardy return.
Reply:Don%26#039;t know which zone you live in.........cut them back to the ground.If it freezes in your zone, you may want to take the glads. up......but the lilies should be ok in the ground..........



flower

No comments:

Post a Comment